Hello there! I have had some time off from this blog, because I have been putting together a new one! Here is something I posted recently if you are interested in what I've been doing:
A recent post from How To Crochet A Heart
Crochet Tips for Beginners
Sometimes learning something new is overwhelming. Especially if you are teaching yourself online through tutorials!
Here are a couple of tips that I hope will encourage you if you are thinking of learning.
1.Start with a soft yarn. there's nothing worse than using scratchy yarn. You want something that feels nice! Don't start out too small either.
2. Practice. It might take a few goes to get something that you are happy with, Don't fret if you don't get it first go.
3. Don't be afraid to unpick! (Also called 'frogging!') It can be hard to unravel a row (or three) but it is better to take that extra minute to re do a row than be unhappy with the final product.
4. Experiment. Try different hook sizes and yarn thicknesses, then you'll see what results you like the best.
5. Break the rules. If you think something would look better with an extra stitch here, or and extra few rows, then do it! Its your project after all!
6. Use different sources. I have done some tutorials of different stitches (I know I haven't covered everything.. yet.) but maybe there is another explanation that speaks to you. Maybe a you tube tutorial is what you need!
7. Ask questions! Get a friend to learn with you. And have fun!